Saturday, September 22, 2012

Vote! It matters!

My democratic roots run deep...... I am proud to say this man was my grandfather. Here is Pappy's original campaign ad as it was in The Star-Herald back in the 1940s.  It is too bad he is no longer around. I think he'd be a GREAT candidate for president! :-) Anyway, as a result of this headline,  I have been researching segregation and voting rights in the south back in the 40s and 50s. I encourage you to do some reading as well.  I can't imagine living in those times. The purpose of this post, though, is for me to show what a REAL MAN is. Here's to Johnnie Bertram Poole.  LOVE and MISS you, Pappy!

Btw, he won the election and served with integrity and grace.  As a result of his position, he became aware of two little abused and neglected baby boys.  My dad was one of them....Johnnnie and Loree Poole adopted Danny and Bob Poole in 1954. LOVE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's to Attala County Democrats!